There is nothing I like better than to be eating out of doors and breakfast is the perfect way to start the day. This recipe can also be used as a decent vegetarian meal and if you wish you can even leave out the egg. I have included ingredients to make two wraps, simply increase the ingredients to make more.
- 2 tortillas or home made pita breads
- 1/2 aubergine (eggplant) sliced
- 2 large or portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp humus
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/4 onion thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tsp mild chutney or pickle
- 2 tbsp tzatziki or soured cream
- olive oil
- Drizzle the mushrooms and aubergine with olive oil and place on the barbecue. Grill, turning only occasionally until well cooked and slightly charred. Remove and allow to cool slightly then slice the mushrooms. Place the tortilla or pita bread on the barbecue for around thirty seconds to allow it to warm through, turning once.
Assemble the wraps
- Place the wrap on a plate and spread with a layer of humus, then add the aubergine and mushrooms. Spread with a thin drizzle of chutney. Crumble one of the boiled eggs over it then a layer of sliced onions. Finally top with some of the tzatziki or soured cream. Roll up and enjoy.