A delicious recipe for potato salad - just miss out the bacon if you want it to remain vegetarian. Adjust the quantities as required if you want more.
No cooking required
- Aprox 700 gms or about 8 medium sized, preferably new, potatoes
- 2-3 slices, low fat bacon or lardons
- 2-3 heaped Tbsp’s Mayonnaise
- 1 handful, chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- seasoning to taste
- Boil the potatoes until soft, drain and allow to cool. Fry the bacon or lardons in a non stick pan and allow to cool, finely chop. Coarsely chop or crush the potatoes and place in a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste. If the bacon is salty do not add too much salt.