A delicious dish to enjoy at any time with luxurious tasting ice cream and soft, sweet tasting fruit. Make your own ice cream using our recipe.
6 - 8 people
- Vanilla ice cream (see recipe)
- 6 – 8 apricots
- 200 gms sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or 1/2 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- a large glug of vodka
- Cut the apricots into quarters.
- add the sugar to a pot and add water in the ratio of two parts of water to one part of sugar. Split the vanilla pod a scrape out the seeds, add to the sugar mixture. Alternatively add the vanilla bean paste.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring continuosly until the sugar is dissolved. Add the vodka and simmer for around another 5 minutes to make a sugar syrup.
- Add the apricots and turn off the heat. Allow the apricots to soak and cool in the mixture for at least an hour.
- Serve with the vanilla ice cream and drizzle with some of the syrup.