This is an incredibly easy soup recipe which is always popular. Adjust the amounts as necessary and serve in a large bowl with slices of fresh baguette.
up to 1 hour
around 6 - 8 portions
- 350g lentils
- Smoked ham ribs
- 400g carrots grated
- 2 large onions chopped
- 1 apple finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed or chopped
- 1 large potato chopped into small cubes
- ham stock cube if desired for extra flavour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil ham ribs for half an hour then add all other ingredients. Cook for approx 45 mins to 1 hour then liquidise.
- If preferred, rather than chop ingredients, place altogether in food processor before adding to stock.
Great served with chunks of homemade bread spread with butter.