- 2 chicken breasts (substitute with de-boned thighs if you prefer)
- 2 red chillies (use whatever ones you prefer for heat level)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large shallot
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp oil (I prefer rapeseed but vegetable oil is fine)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Roughly chop the garlic, chillies and shallot. Place in a food processor with all the other ingredients (except the chicken and pepper) and blend until smooth.
- Chop the chicken into even chunks of about 1 inch (2.5 cm) square and place in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and mix well, cover with film and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the pepper into similar sized pieces.
- Thread the chicken onto a skewer alternating with the pepper pieces and place on a medium barbecue.
- Turn the kebabs regularly to avoid burning and grill slowly until cooked. This should take around thirty minutes but judge it yourself depending on the heat of your barbecue. Make sure the chicken is properly cooked, if necessary slice into the thickest part of each kebab with a knife to check.
- Serve with rice or tortillas.
Try using the same marinade for pork chops: