Cooked properly this is a succulent, delicious recipe. Remember that the use of oil will cause the coals to flare up when you place the kebabs on the barbecue so be prepared to move them quickly to a safer place on the barbecue and then return them to the heat when appropriate.
- 450g rump steak ( 2 decent steaks )
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Firstly make the garlic butter by combining the butter, garlic and parsley, place in the fridge until needed.
- Cut the steaks into evenly sized cubes (around about 1″ or 2.5 cm) and thread onto skewers alternating occasionally with the onion wedges.
- Coat with the olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt and place on the barbecue. Turn frequently until cooked through.
- When you turn the kebabs for the final time dot with pieces of the garlic butter.
- Serve hot as soon as the butter has melted.