Traditional Greek or North African food. These Koftas are quick and easy to make. Add a little chilli if you like them spicier.
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml greek or natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Use your hands and press the mixture together firmly as you go to help it bind.
- Take small pieces about the size of a table tennis ball and with wet hands form into a ball then into an oval shape.
- Thread onto skewers (remember to pre-soak them if you are using wooden or bamboo ones) and place on the heated barbecue.
- Cook for around 10 minutes turning regularly until nicely browned and cooked through.
- To make the sauce, simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until required.
- Serve the koftas warm on a tortilla wrap or in a pitta bread with salad and drizzled with the garlic and mint sauce.