A delicious burger recipe whether it be for the barbecue or under the grill. The cheese in the middle not only adds flavour to the burger but gives it extra succulence. Serve with more cheese melted on top if desired. (see mini oven for tips on melting the cheese on top).
4 - 6 burgers
- 250 gms minced beef
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (see tips)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- cheese slices, preferably cheddar but any meltable cheese will do
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl except the cheese. Mix thoroughly and roll into a log shape. Cut into four evenly sized pieces and flatten into patty shapes. Using a cake or scone cutter, cut the cheese into two circles making sure the circles are slightly smaller than your patties. Place a cheese circle onto two of the patties and place the other patties on top. Form into a burger shape making sure the cheese is enclosed and the edges are well sealed, press down slightly to a decent burger thickness. Brush with a little oil and cook until cooked through, making sure the juices run clear.