If you like your food hot then you can't beat this Jerk marinade. Adjust the amount of chilli's to suit your taste. It is ideal for most meats but work especially well with chicken. If you are using legs or thighs then score them with a knife to allow the marinade to penetrate. I like to cut thin strips of chicken breast, marinade it then thread onto skewers.
- 4 mixed chillis, preferably with at least 2 scotch bonnet chillis
- 1 onion
- 1 inch of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp mixed, dried herbs
- 1 tsp dried nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbsp worcester sauce
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Simply place all the ingredients except the ketchup in a food processor and blend until reasonably smooth. Add a little water if neccessary to help. Add the ketchup and mix in well.
- Use as much as required to marinade your food and the rest will keep in a fridge for around a week.