These chips are really simple to make and make a delicious accompaniment to any meal.
30 Minutes plus cooling time
- 375g cornmeal (polenta)
- 1.5 l vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 large cup of grated parmesan (plus extra to roll the chips in)
- finely chopped herbs such as rosemary or chives
- oil for frying
- Put the cold stock in a suitably sized pan and add the cornmeal. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Line a shallow tray with cling film and pour in the polenta mixture. Spread around with the back of a spoon and allow to cool.
- Tip out of the tray and cut of the edges to leave a square finish. Cut into chip shapes around about 1 1/2 cm’s thick. Heat the oil in a frying pan or use a deep fat fryer and fry the chips until golden (around 5 mins). drain slightly on kitchen paper and roll in the remaining parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the herbs and serve hot.